About Watercolour Landscapes
Using photographs supplied you will be shown how to paint skies, hills, fields, trees and buildings in the landscape. You will produce one painting each week. No previous experience is needed.
Specific skills you will learn at the workshop:
- wet in wet
- colour mixing
- wet on dry
- brush marks
- using a limited palette
- how to simplify a painting
What level is this workshop suitable for:
Ideal for beginners and people with some experience of the medium.
Equipment & Materials List:
Materials are not included in the course fee
- An A4 or equivalent size 140lb (300gsm) cold pressed (Not surface) watercolour paper pad.
- Watercolour paint in either tubes or pans. If you have tubes then you will need a palette.
- Basic set of recommended colours: Ultramarine Blue, Cadmium Yellow Pale, Burnt Sienna, Alizarin Crimson
- One size 8 or 10 and one size 4 round watercolour brush
- Jam jar
- 2B pencil
Links to suppliers
Other workshops by this tutor at Ardington School of Crafts: