During the course you will be shown how to use the wet in wet technique to paint different types of skies such as blue sky and clouds, sunsets and stormy, rainy skies where the sky dominates the painting.
Specific skills you will learn at the workshop:
All techniques will be demonstrated by the tutor and these will include colour mixing, using white paint wet in wet, blotting and lifting out, mixing strong, dark colours. You will be able to complete one painting each week.
What level is this workshop suitable for:
Ideal for beginners and people with some experience of the medium.
Equipment & Materials List:
Materials are not included in the course fee. All the materials and equipment you will need are listed below - This list is for guidance only. You can ‘improvise’ and source your own materials either in advance or once you have seen the LivePlus workshop. This then gives you maximum flexibility to choose how you want to approach this craft.
- An A4 or equivalent size 140lb (300gsm) cold pressed (Not surface) watercolour paper pad. (You can go bigger if you like)
- Watercolour paint in either tubes or pans. If bringing tubes then you will need a palette.
- Basic set of recommended colours: Ultramarine Blue, Cadmium Yellow Pale, Burnt Sienna, Raw Sienna, Alizarin Crimson
- White paint such as Gouache, Chinese White, White Ink or White Acrylic
- One 2 inch decorators brush
- One size 8 or 10 and one size 4 round watercolour brush
- Jam jar
- 2B pencil
The tutor has limited supplies of basic starter packs available for a cost of £25 - pictured below (contact the school for details)
Links to suppliers
Other workshops by this tutor at Ardington School of Crafts: